Me and my blog

Follow me on Twitter @emma1hartley

Saturday 9 June 2012

Bev Lee Harling meets the police in Hackney

Just a short one. This made me smile when the improbable sounding I Love Hackney posted it the other day.


And it made me think of this


from Bev Lee Harling, which deserves a wider audience. It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always her who ends up getting wet: know that feeling. Here's a review of her album, which I love. She's an original voice doing something compelling... often with power tools and kitchen implements.


Covering other people's songs is the folk process in action I think. It's all in the telling...

* If you'd like posts from this blog to land directly in your Facebook news feed you could make it so by *liking* its Facebook page.

1 comment:

Emma Hartley blog logo

24hourlondon logo

Did David Hasselhoff End the Cold War?